Today this tutorial based on the privacy of wifi. If you want to see who is using your wifi network and how many devices connect to your network or you want to block a particular person and devices to don’t use your wifi. If you have slow internet and want to stop people to using Wifi. This tutorial for you are is at a right place. In this tutorial all these things.
Read also: How to Hide Wifi for others
Download WNetWatcher to see devices currently connected to your network
- First. you need to download Wireless Network Watcher from here. It does not require the installation process.
- In order to start using WNetWatcher, simply extract the executable file (WNetWatcher.exe) from the zip file, and run it. WNetWatcher, it automatically locates your wireless adapter and scans your network. After a few seconds, you should start to see the list of computers that are currently connected to your network.
⇒Columns Description of WnetWatcher
- IP Address: IP Address of the device or computer.
- Device Name: The name of the device or computer. This field may remain empty if the computer or the device doesn’t provide its name.
- MAC Address: The MAC address of the network adapter.
- Network Adapter Company: The company that manufactured the network adapter, according to the MAC Address. This column can help you to detect the type of the device or computer. For example, if the company name is Apple, the device is probably a Mac computer, iPhone, or iPad.
if the company name is Nokia, the device is probably a cellular phone of Nokia.
- Device Information: This column displays ‘Your Computer’ if the device is the computer that you currently use. This column displays ‘Your Router’ if the device is the wireless router.
- User Text: You can assign your own text to any device detected by WNetWatcher. By default, this field is filled with the device name. In order to change the User Text, simply double-click the item and type the desired text.
- Active: Specifies whether this device is currently active. When a device is not detected anymore, the ‘Active’ value is turned from ‘Yes’ to ‘No’
Block people from using your wifi.
- Open the web browser and IP address in the address bar (default is http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1). Press Enter. The username and password are both “admin”. If you don’t know what is the IP address of your router then open Command Prompt and enter ipconfig/all
then press Enter. Locate the Default Gateway. The numerical value to the right is the IP address of your router.
- Enter Username and Password to Login to modify settings of your adapter. You don’t know the username and password then contact your Internet service provider (ISP).
- I am using TP-Link router, login into wifi settings.
- If you want to block any device then you should need to know the MAC Address of that device. Go to DHCP->DHCP Clients List page, you can find the MAC address of the all the devices which are connected to the router.
- Go to Wireless->Wireless MAC Filtering page, click the Add New button.
- Type in the MAC address you want to allow or deny to access the router and give a description of this item. The status should be Enabled and at last, click the Save button.
- At last, about the Filtering Rules, please choose Deny and Enable the Wireless MAC Filtering function.
- Finish, now enjoy super speed 😎
Recommended: How to Hide your Wifi for others