By default, windows not give you the choice to change title bar color and if you want to get rid boring white color. This is a big change from Windows 8, which allowed you to pick any color you wanted. But you can give those title bars some color with this quick trick. Today, I am going to show you to make a theme which can change color of windows title bar like this,
Modify the Windows Theme Files
- First, open file explorer then navigate to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes. Here you can see Aero folder here.
- Now copy Aero folder by CTRL+C and paste it same folder by pressing CTRL+V. Select continue in the pop-up and check “Do this for all current items” and select skip.
- Rename the aero – Copy with Bar. When you see the UAC prompt, click Continue.
- Now open Bar folder and rename aero with Bar.msstyles.When you see the UAC prompt, click Continue.
- Come back to Theme Main folder and you’ll see a file named aero.theme. Select and copy it by pressing by CTRL+C and paste it in Desktop by pressing CTRL+V. Rename the new aero.theme file to bar.theme.
- Right-click the bar file that you paste just now, point to Open With, select Choose another app, and open it with Notepad.
- Scroll down in the file and locate the line under [VisualStyles] reading
- Now select bar.theme and cut it by pressing CTRL+X and paste it in the theme folder. Click Continue when you see the UAC prompt.
Activate the Theme
- Double-click the bar.theme file to activate your new theme. Windows will switch to the bar.theme file and your window title bars will immediately become colored.
Set a custom color
- You can change color in the Settings>>Personalize>>Color. Here select your favorite color.
- If you customize color more then open RUN by pressing Win Key+R and copy this code and paste in RUN and run the command:
rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced
The “Show color mixer” option here will let you pick any color you want for your window title bars.