In this tutorial, I will tell you how you can you can set any image or color you want as the background. You’ve probably noticed by now that Windows 10 actually has two log-in screens: The lock screen and the log-in screen. The lock screen is customizable, but the login screen — where you type your password – is not.
You’re stuck with a dark blue background and a shiny, light-throwing Windows logo.
Windows 10 allows you to change the lock screen background, but the login screen background always features the default Windows 10 background. Use these tweaks and you can set any image or color you want as the background.
Change Background Color Windows 10
- Open RUN dialog box by pressing Win key+R OR type RUN in Start Menu search box and press Enter. Type regedit in RUN dialog box.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > >Software >> Policies >> Microsoft >> Windows >> System.
- Right-click System and click New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Label this new DWORD DisableLogonBackgroundImage.
- Right-click DisableLogonBackgroundImage and click Modify.
- Under Value data: type 1 (default will be 0). Click OK.
- After you perform the registry hack, the Windows login screen will display a flat-color background behind the login prompt. Just press Windows Key + L to lock your PC and check. You don’t have to reboot. If you want to change the color of this new log-in background, just go to Settings > Personalization > Colors and pick a new accent color.
Change Background Image Windows 10
The new version of Windows curiously doesn’t allow you to change the image that displays behind on the login screen when you first start your computer. This approach uses third-party tools to modify a Windows system file. Continue at your own risk.
- First, download Windows 10 Background Changer from here. Warning: Many malicious “copies” of this program floating around the web. Download it from trusted site.
- Open this application and browse background image for password screen.
- When to chosen image, click on Change Background option to apply the changes.