If you want to add your own contact information to the Windows System Properties panel or change the OEM information that’s already there, it’s a pretty easy process.
With the help of this trick, you can add some extra information such as your company name, phone number, website URL and a personalized logo or image in all versions of Windows System Properties dialog box. It’s very much same as the good old “OEMLogo.bmp” file in windows.
- First, you should image in bmp (Bitmap file name extension) format. If you do not have bmp image then convert your image into bmp from here. The image file should be 96×96 in size.
- Open RUN dialog box by pressing Win key+R OR type RUN in Start Menu search box and press Enter. Type regedit in RUN dialog box. It’ll open Registry Editor, now go to:
- If your computer is an OEM product, look for the two string values Logo and Manufacturer in the right panel. If it isn’t, you’ll have to create those two new string values. To do so, right-click on OEMInformation | New>>String Value>>Logo. (Repeat for Manufacturer.)
Note: You can also modify the following fields and put any values you’d like them, with the exception of the Logo key, which you probably shouldn’t change.
- Right-click on the string value, select Modify and enter the updated information for each value.
- To change logo copy image location and right-click on a logo, select modify and enter image location.
- Now open System Properties by right-clicking on My Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties, you’ll see your desired entries in “System” section and another section will also be created with the same name as you entered in Manufacturer String value. The image.bmp file will be shown in right-side of “System” section.