In this tutorial, I’m going to show you how to compress large video size without losing quality. If you have any youtube channel and want to upload a heavy video file, it will take your time as well as data. Heavy video files consume a large amount of space which may be slow down your PC. In all these circumstances, compressing is the best possible solution. I will tell you a software which compress videos up to 90% without losing quality.
Working of Data Compression Software
Data compression is a technique to reduce the number of bits to be tramsmitted. The presentation layer compresses a large amount of data into small size. Some software is lossless (without losing original quality) and some are lossy (loss in original quality). For Example, I have this Math equation 2*2*2*2*2 and want to write it in shortest form like 2^5. Data compression software work like above example.
Let’s learn some helpful knowledge:
- First, you need to download compressing software, called HandBrake.
- Once you’ve downloaded the HandBrake installer, double click to install it.
- After Installation, You will find HandBrake program on the Windows Desktop and Start Menu. Open it.
- Click on Source to select the videos, if you want to select one video select File and if more then select Folder.
- Next option is Destination, mean where you want to save video after compression. Click on Browse to select a location.
- Next is Output Settings, in container select MP4 and enable Web Optimize.
Read Also: How To Bypass/Unlock App Lock in Android
- Now you will see Picture, Video and Audio tabs that are most important to customize and compress video.
⇒ In Picture tab, you will edit resolution or crop video if you need.
⇒ In Video tab, here you will see option Constant Quality, the default is 20 that is excellent. If the value is 0 means no change in quality and size remain same.
18-22 for 480p Standard (Recommended)
19-23 for 720p High Definition
20-24 for 1080p Full High
22-28 for 2160p 4K Ultra High
⇒ In Audio tab, here you will see Bitrate(bits conveyed per second), the default value is 160 change it to 128 to reduce more size.
- On left bar, you will see preset (the device you want your videos to play on), select Normal.
Read Also: How to Set User Account Control Password
- The most important step is Preview your settings, Select the Preview button and select time duration. If you are not satisfied with your quality, increase it you want.
- To Start compression, click on Start Button at the top. It will take serval minutes depend on size, quality, resolution, bitrate you chosen.
- Once compression will complete, you will have a new video file at the Destination location.
- Now compare your original video size with compressed size.
Read Also: How To Hide/Change IP Address of your PC
If you didn’t get a video at Destination, unexpected results or any error, then comment below. I am here to help.