Whether you just forgot where you left it or it was stolen, a few simple steps may help you secure your android phone or tablet.
Method 1 (Wheres My Droid)
The first find your phone app on the Android Market continues to get better and better. Now with more features, it is easier than ever to track down your lost phone.
Wheres My Droid Features
~ Find phone by making it ring/vibrate
~ Find phone using GPS location
~ GPS Flare – Location alert on low battery
~ Text your attention word
~ Passcode protection to prevent unauthorized app changes
~ Notification of changed SIM card or phone number
~ Stealth Mode hides incoming text with attention word
~ White/Black list to control who can use the app via text
~ No battery drain
Advanced Security Features In Pro
~ Take pictures with the device’s camera
~ Remotely lock device
~ Remotely wipe SD card
~ Remotely wipe phone data
~ Prevent app from being uninstalled
~ Hide the app icon
~ Use a landline to activate the app
~ Customizable ringtone when lost
Where’s My Droid can turn the ringer volume up and make your phone ring. The app can also get the GPS coordinates with a link to Google maps if you’re not near enough to your phone to hear the ringer. You have the freedom to track your phone from anywhere with a text messaged attention word or with our online Commander.
Feel secure knowing that a thief won’t be able to access your personal information on your lost phone. In the Pro version, you are able to wipe and lock your stolen phone. Locking your phone will make it unusable while you try to track your lost phone’s location. If there is no hope of finding your phone, then you can erase your personal information with the wipe feature.
- First, download Wheres my droid from Play Store.
- Now open the app and accept the terms.
- Tap on Commander and create the account, add device name and tap on done.
- If your mobile is lost or stolen then send text message wmd gps from other mobile. When you send this message you will get SMS from Wheres my droid and you will get the response within 5 minutes and then you will get the exact location of your lost phone and it gave you Google Map link.
- If you want to this phone to ring then, type wmd ring and text message to your lost mobile and your phone start to ring.
- You can also Find your mobile using PC then go WheresMyDroid site then, click on Commander.
- Let’s enter your email and password that we create an account just now.
- You can see your registered devices here and then click on Find. You can see a Quick location and Accurate Location under Location Tab.
- You can also ring your device by click on Make Device Ring under Ring Tab.
- It can also lock your device, taking pictures of your device surrounding and wipe data but it is Pro features not free
Method 2 (Android Device Manager)
But is there a way out if your phone is lost and you did not installed these apps on your device? What should we do? In this situation, you can log into Android Device Manager and find your phone.
Some Attractive features of Android Device Manager.
- Locate Android devices associated with your Google account.
- Reset your device’s screen lock PIN.
- Erase all data on the phone.
- Go to Android Device Manager site and then type same google account that you used in your stolen mobile.
- You will three options: Ring, Lock, and Erase.
- You can ring your phone by click on Ring Button.
- You can also Erase all data. This performs a factory reset on your device. Your apps, photos, music, and settings will be deleted. After you erase the device, Android Device Manager will no longer work. This reset is permanent. We may not be able to wipe the content of the SD card in your device.