User Account Control box pops up and ask users permission i.e you have to click ‘yes‘ to make changes to your computer before giving administrative permissions. But sometimes there isn’t a prompt or ‘Yes button is grayed out‘ when user account control box pops up then there is an issue with your account that you are currently logged into.
Unable to click ‘yes’ button or the ‘Yes button is grayed out’ in User Account Control (UAC) the reason that you are Standard User and you don’t have the admin rights to make changes. You need Administrator rights to make changes but again administrator account is disabled. When I try to enable the administrator account I am getting the error message ‘The following error occurred while attempting to save properties for user Administrator: Access is denied.’
How to Fix Yes button grayed out
- First, you need to set a password on Windows which you are using.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32. Here, locate sethc.exe and copy this program and paste it in the same folder and give name sethc1.exe.
- Locate cmd.exe in the system32 folder and copy this program and paste it in the same folder and give name cmd1.exe.
- Now delete the sethc.exe file and rename cmd1.exe to sethc.exe.
- Now restart your PC when you see password screen then press Shift key 5 times rapidly, you will get a cmd box. Now Type control userpasswords2 and hit enter and you will see User Account box with all user account name.
- Click on Username and properties than new pop will open click on Group Membership, select administrator and apply.
- Now close all popups and enter the password. This should resolve the issue and the button “Yes” in the UAC dialog should become accessible. It will no longer be grayed out.