When you forgot or lost Windows 7 password, there was no password reset disk available. Could you discover any way to reset Windows instantly? Believe some people can do that. But not everyone could get such way so easily. All you need is a copy of the Windows installation disk and one simple command line trick.
Note: This tutorial is for educational purpose.
- Start or restart your Windows 7 computer.
- Press F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options before the Windows 7 loading screen appears.
- Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt in the coming screen, and then press Enter.
- Wait for Windows 7 files loading until Windows login screen comes up.
- Log in Windows with an administrator account until you see the login screen.
- A Command Prompt appears. Type net user in the Command Prompt and then hit Enter. All Windows user accounts will be listed for you.
Note: “Pc2Tech” is your locked Windows user account name. And “123456” means the new password you want to reset for the locked account. User account “Pc2Tech” will be reset with new password “123456”.
- You password successfully changed. Now login with new.
- Start your computer when you will password windows screen. Just remove power cable directly to get windows error recovery.
- Start your computer again and you will see windows recovery screen, select Launch Setup Repair and press Enter.
- Windows will start repairing. You will get repairing box within few minutes. If everything goes correctly you will see this box. Click on View problem details then scroll down click on the last link *txt.
- It will open a text file. Go to File>>Open then, go to My Computer>C: Drive>Windows>System32
- Find sethc file, it is .Exe file. Rename it into sethc1.
- Now find cmd, copy it in the same folder and rename the copy file and give it name sethc.
- Now close every window and restart it.
- When you see password screen then press Shift key 5 times rapidly, you will get a cmd box. Now Type net user in the Command Prompt and then hit Enter. All Windows user accounts will be listed for you.
- Type net user Admin 123456 and hit Enter.
Note: “Admin” is your locked Windows user account name. And “123456” means the new password you want to reset for the locked account. User account “Admin” will be reset with new password “123456”.
- You password successfully changed. Now login with new password.
You can also change windows password without knowing
- First, click start button type cmd and open it as administrator.
- Type net user and Enter. You can see list if user account.
- Type net user Pc2Tech (Account Name) * and press Enter.
NOTE: When you type the password it does not appear but it is real.
- Now the password is changed.
Recommended: How to hack Windows 8 password.