Hide a file/folder on PC
You have a shared computer and anyone can use it and you want to hide your data from others because they may see your personal data and sensitive information or something like this. In these situations, we can easily protect your file or folder with a few clicks easily and view it again when you want without any software and I share some tricks to protect your documents or something like this.
Hide the File/Folder
- Right-click on the file which you want to protect and click on Properties.
- Under General Tab, check the Hidden box and click on Apply and OK.
- Your file/folder will be hidden.
- Go to Control Panel, then Appearance and Personalization.
- Click on Folder Option/File Explorer Option, click on Show hidden files, folders, and drivers, then click on Apply and OK.
- Click on Start Button and type character map in the Search Box and click to Open it.
- When you click it, you will see different types of character, click on a blank box and click on Select and Copy.
- Right-click on the file which you want to Invisible and click on the Rename and paste it by pressing Ctrl+V.
- You will see your file/folder without any name, then Right-click on that file/folder and click on Properties.
- Click on Customize tab, then click on Change Icon. Select the Blank Icon and click on Ok and Apply.
- You”ll see an invisible file/folder and click to open it.
- You can change its name and icon if you want to visible it again.
Hide File/Folder using cmd
attrib +s +h “C:\Users\PC Name\Location\File or Folder Name”
- Your file will hide successfully.
To Show it again