Every router has the option to hide SSID Name (Wifi Name) for other but why we hide our wifi? Because if hacker lives near your home and he cracks passwords many times or if someone asks for your wifi password but you don’t want to give the password or much more reasons. In this situation, you can easily hide your wifi. I can also tell you how you can connect your hide wifi. Let’s start,
- Enter the IP address of your router in the address bar which is maybe 192.168.1.1. If you don’t know what is the IP address of your router then open Command Prompt and enter
- Enter Username and Password to Login to see all settings of your adapter. You don’t know the username and password then contact your Internet service provider (ISP).
- When you login into settings, go to Wireless Setting and check box hide SSID Name and Apply. You must remember Wifi name, Security Type and Wifi Password.
- After it Reboot your Router. It takes a few minutes before you can log into the device again after reboot.
- Congratulation, wifi is successfully hidden. 🙂
Connect Your Hide Wifi on Laptop
- Go to Control Panel>>Network and the Internet>>Network and Sharing Center. Here click on Setup new connection and network.
- Now Enter Wifi Name, Security type and password to connect. After that, you will successfully connect to you hide wifi.
Connect Your Hide Wifi on Mobile
- Go to Phone Settings>>Wifi. Scroll through to the bottom of the list and click on Add Wi-Fi. In the first line “SSID of the network” you need to specify the name of the network.
- Enter the required network Wifi Name (SSID), Security type and password. Tap Connect.
- The connection to the hidden wireless network has been made.