Live videos are real-time video posts on Facebook. Live videos from public figures you follow and your friends will appear in your News Feed. When you’re watching a live stream video or a video that was live, you can tap or click Subscribe to get notified the next time that Facebook account starts a live broadcast.
If you have any page and want to broadcast an event or a random rant to your social-media fans. Facebook Live is an interactive way to share what you’re doing while you are doing it.
Here’s how to start a Live video:
Live Stream on PC:
- You need to download OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is free and open source software for recording and live streaming.
- To start a stream you have to first visit your FB Page, then at the top click on “Publishing Tools”.
- On the left click on “Videos” and then on the top right click on “Live”.
- A popup will appear with the necessary information for OBS containing Server URL and Stream Key.
Note: Don’t share your Server URL and Stream Key because if someone knows your key then it will able to live video on your page. The URL and Key also expire 24 hours after creation or 4 hours within the preview.
- Now open OBS program, click on Settings from the bottom menu.
- After that, you will see Broadcast settings from left bar.
- Click on Mode and select Live Stream from a drop-down menu.
- Click on Streaming Service and select Custom from the drop-down menu.
- Next, you”ll see FMS URL, now enter Server URL from facebook and paste in it.
- Copy Stream Key, and paste in Play Path/Stream Key field.
- Then Apply changes, Ok.
- If you want to a logo, text etc then right-click on Sources box and select any option you want.
- Click on Start Streaming in OBS.
- Open Browser click on Preview on Facebook.
- Add Video Title and Video Tag and click Go Live.
- That its, now enjoy live streaming
Live Stream on Mobile:
- Open the Facebook app, Tap on “What’s on your mind?” at the top of your News Feed.
- Here you can see some icons like Camera, Sticker, Map and finally Live Streaming. Click on Live Stream icon.
- Write a description for your live video you want (optional).
- Tap/click Go Live and start your live broadcast.
- When you are done broadcast, tap/click Finish.
Note: Maximum Time Limit is 30 Minutes.
Read Also: 10 Facebook Tips and Tricks