I am going to show you how you can password protected your USB Flash Drive. Sometimes your USB contain many sensitive files or other private data and don’t want to share these with others. In another case, if your USB will be lost or stolen, then other people did not access data from USB. I will tell you a method to encrypt your drive with step by step guides.
Read this article to Hiding Files and Folder in PC
Let’s start without any wasting time:
Password Protect USB Drive with Bitlocker
- First, connect your Removable device with your PC.
- Open File Explorer, right-click on Removable drive and select Turn on BitLocker.
- A BitLocker Drive Encryption windows will open, check the Use a password to unlock the drive checkbox.
- Now enter Encryption Password for Removable drive. The password should contain Capital and Small words, numbers, and symbols. Click on Next to continue.
- The page is Backup your Recovery Key, you will need to select where you want to save the recovery key if you forget the password for your drive. Select anyone and continue.
- The next is how much your drive to encrypt, choose option carefully. Click Next.
- Finally, click the Start encrypting button in Are You Ready To Encrypt This Drive page.
- The process will start. Do not disconnect the USB flash drive until the process is complete. It takes time depend on your drive size.It will take approximately 5 to 7 minutes per GB to complete.
Unlocking the Dive
- When you insert the encrypted drive into a USB port on a computer running Window. You will get a notification that it is BitLocker-protected.
- Open File Explorer, double-click on Removable drive, a password box will show. Type password and Click Unlock.
If you have any question, please comment below. I am here to solve your problems.