If you’ve deleted a critical file, it may seem at first that it’s gone forever. If you act quickly, though, you may be able to recover that file and return it to its rightful place on your hard drive. Follow this guide to recover your lost files in Windows
The Recycle Bin will hold files before deleting them, allowing you to restore them to your computer if you change your mind. To restore a file, open the Recycle Bin, right-click on the file, and select Restore. The file will be returned to its original location on the hard drive.
Recover Data without any Software
Previous Version Feature
In the Vista architecture, Microsoft has introduced a new service called “Volume Shadow Service”. But in Vista, this service was not available in each edition. But Windows 7 has enriched with the Volume Shadow Service in each edition. The Previous Version Feature is a part of the Volume shadow service.
By this service, Windows creates a restore point which helps you effectively to roll back the changes. Generally, Shadow copy service keeps a copy of the files once a day especially when some new programs or updates are installed.
- First, Go to the lab’s folder, and Right Click On that Folder.
- Select “Restore Previous Versions” Option.
- Now You will see an option to recover that particular folder.
- Click on Restore Button to .
- That’s It Now You have successfully recovered your deleted file.
And If you unable to see “Restore Previous version” after Right Clicking on that folder Then
- Go To Your System Control Panel to Turn On the System Protection.
- After opening Control panel click on System And Security > System > System Protection.
- Then you will See available Related drivers.
- Select Corresponding Driver And Click On configure.
- Next Click On “Restore System settings and previous versions of files ” And Click On OK Button.
While the procedure for doing system restores is same. but minor options will vary according to in which your using whether Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10/8.1 or Windows Vista.
Recover Data using Recuva
Recuva (pronounced “recover”) is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted from your iPod, or by bugs, crashes, and viruses!
- First, download Recuva from here then, install it.
- Open Recuva then, select your file type which you want to recover.
- Choose file location where from recover deleted data.
- Enable Deep Scan. This software will give you the option to perform a deep scan while looking for files. This will take significantly longer but may result in more files found.
- It will take some time depending on your files which you want to recover.
- When the process is complete, you will see all deleted files, select files which you want to recover and click on Recover.
- Then select the location for recovery.
Some popular Data Recovery Softwares work like Recuva
1. EaseUS Data Recovery
2. Pandora Data Recovery
Note: If you want to recover deleted data from SD Card, you will need to insert SD Card in Card Reader then recover your data.