Hi Guys, Today, I tell you about a problem occur in windows. When you plug in any external drive like USB into PC, it detects your external drive but not show the drive in File Explorer and can’t access files from it. This problem can be caused by partition issues on your drives. Here’s you can try and fix an unrecognized USB drive.
Let’s start, without wasting more time.
Windows Detect USB Drive But Doesn’t Show Up In Windows Explorer
- First, connect your Removable Drive into your computer.
- Press Windows Key + R to open RUN, type diskmgmt.msc into the Run dialog box, and press Enter.
- Disk Management program will open, here a list of drives will appear. You should be able to identify your USB drive by its capacity.
- It problem occur due to missing a drive letter of your External Drive. You just need to right-click on the partition and choose Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- A small new window will open, click on Add.
- Another window will show, select Drive Letter for your Drive and OK. Make sure to choose one that isn’t used for any other drives.
- Click OK to apply changes.
Another Possible Solution
- Open RUN by pressing Windows Key + R and type devmgmt.msc and OK.
- Device Manager window will open, Expand Disk Drivers and look for the device. If you see yellow exclamation icon then there is an issue with drivers.
- Right-click on the device and select Update Driver Software.
It may help you to fix this problem.
If above these methods not working try these steps:
⇒ Plug your External Drive into other port. It is possible that USB in which you insert is not working properly or not supply power.
Read Also: How To Hide/Change IP Address of your PC
⇒ Check USB on another computer if no any PC detect it then it may be your USB is likely dead.
Read Also: How to Block People from Using your WiFi
⇒ Plug in USB directly without USB Hub. If USB work directly then it means that there is a fault with your HUB.
Read Also: How to Set User Account Control Password
I hope this tutorial help you, please comment below if you have any question.