A wifi hotspot is a physical location where people may obtain Internet access, typically using Wi-Fi technology, via a wireless local area network (WLAN) using a router connected to an internet service provider. In this article, I will share 3 methods to turn your Laptop (or Desktop) into Wifi Hotspot without any kind of Router.
1) Wifi Hotspot Using CMD (Command Prompt)
- Click on Start Button and go to command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type the command code netsh wlan set hostednetwork.
- Write this command netsh wlan start hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=name key=password.
- Type this command netsh wlan start hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=name key=password.
- To share your internet connection on this hotspot go to the Network and sharing center and click on Change adapter setting. Here right click on the Connection that you use to connect to the internet and select properties. In properties go to Sharing tab and check the box Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection and select the network connection name that is used by your hotspot and saves it.
- Now your internet connection is shared.
2) Wifi Hotspot Using Virtual Router
Virtual Router is a free, open source software based router for PCs running Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. Using Virtual Router, users can wirelessly share any internet connection (Wifi, LAN, Cable Modem, Dial-up, Cellular, etc.) with any Wifi device (Laptop, Smart Phone, iPod Touch, iPhone, Android Phone, Zune, Netbook, wireless printer, etc.) These devices connect to Virtual Router just like any other access point, and the connection is completely secured using WPA2 (the most secure wireless encryption.)
- First, download Virtual Router from this website OR direct download from here then, install it.
- Then, type Name and Password for your Wifi Hotspot.
3) Wifi Hotspot Using MyWifiRouter
My WiFi Router is a lightweight application that mimics a physical WiFi router and then turns your PC into a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
With My WiFi Router, you can share a single internet connection (LAN, Ethernet, Data-Card, 3G/4G, Wifi) with multiple devices such as laptops, smartphones, android phones, PDAs, and iPads. Not only can you share the connection, but you can also share videos across those connected devices too.
- Download MyWifiRouter from this site OR direct download from here.
- When it download click to install it then, open it.
- Type your wifi name and password.
- Your Hotspot is now ready.
Share videos using MyWifiRouter
- Click on My Videos then, click on browse to change the folder.
- Now scan QR Code to view the view the videos on your mobile. You can scan QR Code to download QR Code Reader from play store.
- Now enjoy 🙂